Saturday, October 16, 2010

Fractions of Contractions?

First, some acrobatic cuddles from Miles:



Today has been a good day. Contractions are staying about 20 minutes apart, and I have not been having the "bad" ones today (ones that feel like bad cramps, and go up my back and down my legs). It seems that taking it easy really is making a difference, which is great!

There is someone in the Education Department who had done my exact job a few years ago, and is thankfully willing to take over a lot of the work for the next few weeks as we wrap up the grant. Plus, the Prelude course that Matt and I are teaching together ends this week, so things really are winding down.

We were blessed to have some of our R.A.s come clean our house on Friday afternoon, which has made me so much happier and more peaceful:) Clean toilets, scrubbed stove/oven/kitchen, and vaccuumed floors are one of the best gifts I've ever received:) On top of that, we're also very thankful for our friend Mary who is watching Miles for our Friday appointments, Krissy who is watching Miles for our Tuesday appointments, and Becki and Krissy who will clean for us whenever they are over. We're going to continue to eat Calvin's dining hall food as long as the doctor lets me go to the dining hall (Miles and I sit right down, and Matt makes about 6 trips to get all of our food/drinks/silverware, etc.). Thank you also, to others of you who have offered to clean or come over with food or company. We will keep you updated with any additional needs.

A week from tomorrow I will be taken off of the meds and we will see what happens. For some reason my gut tells me that I'll continue contractions but that the baby will hang out until the scheduled c-section (Nov. 15). We'll see........:)

No comments: