Sunday, March 22, 2009

Good Day

Today has been a REALLY good day. I have been waiting for a day like this, and here it is. What makes it so good? Not the weather, not what I did or didn't do, not because of any external factors. The Holy Spirit prompted my heart this morning with a hopeful and peace-giving word. Although not a new thought, it is revolutionary every time I re-learn it.

God is the only water that I thirst for.

There is so much more I could say about that, but the words just don't seem to give justice to the complex thoughts that dash across and through my consciousness. Have you ever dwelt on a confusing physics problem, sitting to think about it for a long time, and experienced a milli-second glimpse of it all making sense...only to have it slip away into confusion again? I can feel this slipping already, as I slip back into my week of routines. I treasure a day like today, however, where it all seems to make sense. I thank God for the reminder, and for being an always-available well-spring.

I pray that Miles will someday hear and respond to the promptings of the Holy Spirit. It is an honor to take care of this gift that God has given us...








Here's his hard-to-catch-on-video laugh:




And here he is eating carrots...finally a food that he loves!




Thanks for letting me ramble a bit. And thanks for checking in on our little family.

No comments: