Sunday, October 5, 2008

A day in the life of...

The following pictures take you through Miles' day yesterday. It was quite a busy day for the little guy:)



First, since Miles' jaundice is still lingering, we place him in the sun (through the window) in nothing but a diaper for 10 minutes twice a day. Usually he sits in his bouncy chair and lounges as if sunbathing at some expensive resort. Yesterday the sun was more sparse though, and the only patch of light was right next to the door. The poor guy had to lay right next to the glass (brrr), but loved it and stayed content the whole time!




After a nap and a meal, it was playtime once again (what a life). One of our new favorite toys is this playmat. Miles loves looking all around him at the colorful walls and hanging toys, as well as listening to the nature sounds option. The flower in the corner there is a mirror....he laid here and stared at himself for the longest time! I think he just wanted to make sure he looked good for all those baby girls on our family outing...




...to Robinettes, a local apple orchard. This was our first destination outing (besides to a store or a friend's house). We went on a hay ride (Miles slept the whole time), shopped in the cutesy store (Miles continued to sleep), and ate doughnuts with hot apple cider (surprise, surprise, Miles slept through that too). He got lots of oos and ahs, and lots of people wanted to get a close look at "such a small baby". His biggest fan was a little girl, about four years old. Her big brown eyes studied him so intently. Very cute!




You just can't go to Robinettes without taking a picture by the huge apple. Apparently Miles had heard about the famous landmark, and woke up for the excitement.




After another nap and satisfying meal, Miles got to talk with his Uncle Nate on "skype". Using this format, we can talk to and see each other at the same time-- all on the computer. We took the opportunity to take a picture of the two of them together. Miles was more excited about this than he is showing in this picture:) He was just sad to have to say goodbye:(


Well, that's one day in the life of Miles Matthew Cooke (we left out all of the poopy diaper parts). Matt and I cannot reiterate enough how much joy he brings us, and how blessed we are to share his days with him!

1 comment:

RACHEL said...

Hi matt and megan! It's Matt's cousin Rachel! I got your blog address from my mom (I love it)! Our blog is TonyandRachelC123.blogspot.com if you want to follow our journey! I'm also having a C-section in about 3 weeks and I'm getting a little worried about the process! I was just wondering if you could email me and let me know how the first day went right after the actual c-section...I don't want to miss anything and I'm afraid that I'll be in pain and on medicine and what not and miss the first day of his life...I was just wondering how yours went? I know I don't know you super well Megan, but I'd rally appreiate it if you could email me and let me know!! (rachelspeese@hotmail.com) Talk to you guys soon! I can't wait to meet Miles sometime! Rachel